Thursday, July 21, 2011

On the Way to Vancouver

<


<


We are off!!(on the road to Vancouver)!
We started out from Inverness, after packing our reliable old "Shakespeare"(our minivan) with my 2 bikes and our camping equipment, and headed out to Highway 101-- with our first stop UP the Pacific coast to Trinidad. Of course, on the way we passed through my favorite ride on the West coast, namely, the Avenue of the Giants!! I had to get on my "mount" and ride the Avenue Northwards (against the wind) which limited my average speed to only 30 miles per hour!! JUST KIDDING!! JUST KIDDING! My "Sagster and Coach" kept a close eye on me as usual. Just a spectacular ride as expected, and added to the mileage I have to make up to complete the 760 K's on the Island. Arrived in Trinidad at a delightful B & B overlooking Trinidad Bay where we spent the night.
Then we drove up the coast (route 1) to Gold Beach and then Florence (bringing back memories of my prior rides DOWN the coast in 2009. Now we are inland in Washington
(Olympia) and head to Vancouver, probably tomorrow, to spend some time there and then to the Island to ride the coastal route.
Until the next episode,
CIAO !!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good, Joe! Love to you both, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 30 miles an hour !!! Come on Joe, hurry up, hehe. :-) We can't wait for you to get back!
    Have fun.

    Mariana & Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are here in steamy Philadelphia, spending the days in dreary hotel meeting rooms. Bike riding sure looks good -- we are joining you in spirit!

    Barbara and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello youse two:
    I was mislead. I didn't contribute a little cash so you lushes could drink your way through Canada. But......I envy you your fun, so enjoy yourselves a lot.
    Love,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete